We’re recruiting a for a Summer Placement!
Fancy joining the team here at Your Back Yard? Check out the Job Description below! We’re looking for a Health and Wellbeing Project Development Intern!
Health and Wellbeing Project Development Intern
21 hours (3 days a week)
£10 per hour
5th June 2023
Deadline to apply
21st April 2023
Your Back Yard CIC are community regeneration specialists, based in Leeds, who work in areas of most need to help people get community projects off the ground. Our current projects include activity programmes, walking sports for older adults, digital cafes, community planning and setting up a healthy living community cafe. And we have a podcast ‘Young at Heart’ which explores the issues, challenges and opportunities around health, well being and ageing well.
We are working to provide a programme of health and fitness activities over the summer holidays in Bramley, Seacroft and Beeston. Our project focuses on delivering services to people of all ages, particularly children aged 5-13 and older adults (65+), those who are generally inactive, or at risk of becoming so, as well as the general public.
Our programme will include:
- Park Family Fun Day
- Multisports summer activity sessions for children
- Summer Football Tournament
- Adults Walking Football Tournament
- Intergenerational Sports Day
The aim of our project is to:
- creating a better city for communities, specifically encouraging community-wide participation, intergenerational connections and utilizing parks and outdoor space as community assets
- creating a better city for children and young people, particularly supporting them to become active, confident and inspired
- creating a better city for health and well being, focusing on promoting healthy lifestyles and tackling health inequalities. Bramley has high levels of deprivation as well as prevalent health inequalities.
We are looking for a summer placement student to help oversee the delivery of this project. This will include supporting us with the planning, delivery, outreach and marketing of these community events.
- Correspond with our fitness instructors to arrange their delivery of activities at each event
- Deliver a marketing and communications across our social media to promote our summer fitness programme
- Work with our partner organisations such as local schools, neighbourhoods networks Leeds City Council to encourage participation from the community
- Support us to keep a record of spending, gathering feedback from all parties involved, and writing up a report at the end of the project
- A commitment to community development and the values that underpin it
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest in sport, health and fitness
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Confidence engaging with members of public and organisations independently
- Report writing skills
- Ability to analyse feedback
- Good organisational skills
- IT skills-including using microsoft office, and working across different social media platforms
- Knowledge of locality
- An understanding of the factors that can lead to health inequality
- Experience of delivering or developing projects that benefit disadvantaged people and communities
- Knowledge of community led regeneration and the third sector.
- Full UK driving licence or suitable alternative transport method in place
Benefits for you
You will have the opportunity to attend workshops, seminars and conferences relating to the job and the issues we are addressing. You will develop skills in communicating with key organisations in the third sector.
Victoria Norman, Project Development and Digital Inclusion Officer, Your Back Yard, email@example.com.
Please send your CV, with covering letter explaining why you would like to undertake the role, and how your skills match the skills required, to Victoria by 25th April.