About Your Back Yard
We work with communities in Leeds, West Yorkshire (and beyond!) to help them create places to be proud of.
- Improving community facilities
- Supporting healthy lifestyles
- Increasing life chances
Why? Because we believe everyone deserves to live in an area thay can feel proud of, and that provides ample opportunities to live a happy and healthy life.
What we do:
- Provide a range of sports and other activities targeted at older adults, including walking football, walking netball and tai chi
- Work with schools to get younger people (and their parents!) more active
- Support people/older adults to get online
- Provide exercise classes online
- Help community groups get funding to improve their facilties (e.g. parks, play areas, community buildings)
- Help communitities do action plans to make their areas even better places to live
- Look at innovative ways of improving green spaces-e.g. Ground Source Heat Pumps and Renewable Energy
And anything else that will help us achieve our/your goals!
We are funded mainly through grants, with some contracted work. We have just enough funding to give anyone some taster sessions, or advice or a bit of support, for nowt (as they say in Yorkshire!)..so do get in touch.
How to find us:
Headingley Enterprise and Arts Centre (HEART)
Telephone: 0113 229 0260