We were appointed to undertake a feasibility study and prepare a Management Plan for Unity Hall, Nelson in Lancashire. A run down building with a proud past, we assessed local demand and prepared a set of recommendations for the building’s future development.
Our work compromised:
- Review of existing Condition Survey
- Audit of similar facilities in Nelson
- Surveys of the public
- Survey of stakeholder views
- Assessment of the local office market
- Research into comparable centres
- Proposed mixed use option
- Management and governance options
- Considered possible capital costs and funding strategy
- Outline income and expenditure projections
- Assessment of risks
We concluded that Unity Hall, refurbished to a high standard, could provide a range of much needed community and commercial needs. With the right management, it could generate sufficient income and public support to secure itself a long term future.