A team of staff and associates from Your Back Yard will be working on a project in partnership with the Beechwood, Ballantyne, and Bidston Village Big Local, based in The Wirral.
The purpose of the work is to create a new, revised, Big Local plan for Beechwood, Ballantyne, and Bidston Village, work more with local residents, community and voluntary sectors groups, and public sector partners, and to take the priorities already identified in the current plan, and check with local residents that they are still relevant.
In order to achieve these aims, we will:
- Carry out a desk-based review of the existing Big Local plan
- Undertake a brief analysis of needs, based on Big Local data
- Facilitate stakeholder workshops
- Draft an outline plan, and encourage local residents to consult on it though a ‘mini-roadshow’
- Develop the ideas laid out in the plan into a number of project plans
- Communicate the finalised plan with local residents and organisations though flyers that will be distributed both on paper through local community hubs, and online
The existing vision of the Big Local plan is: “To make Beechwood, Ballantyne and Bidston Village a happier, healthier and wealthier place to live for people of all ages. We will bring people together, building on our strengths and developing resilience through collective action and a sustainable approach to investment. For the long-term, we aim to promote improvements in the physical, social and psychological health and wellbeing of people living in the area, improve education, literacy and digital inclusion, and improve financial inclusion and strengthen anti-poverty initiatives”. We look forward to upholding this vision through developing a range of exciting projects that will benefit local residents.