Researcher and community liaison worker (part time)
Your Back Yard is a Community Interest Company (CIC) with bases in Leeds and Newcastle. It is a not-for profit organisation that aims to help communities in the most deprived parts of the North of England to make their neighbourhoods even better places to live.
We are looking to commission a person to help us develop ideas for new base and community resource centre which will deliver a range of services to local communities. The post, based in Leeds, will initially be a part time temporary position for 3 months which, subject to funding, could be extended.
The overall aim of the post is to support the Director to develop a business case for the project.
Tasks will include:
- Engaging with stakeholder organisations, community groups and local residents
- Helping organise and deliver public/stakeholder events
- Data collection and analysis
- Report writing
- Publicising the project through social media and other communication platforms
- A degree, preferably in social sciences
- An interest in, and enthusiasm for, improving neighbourhoods and lives through economic, social and physical improvements
- An ability to use excel, SPSS or other research/statistic programme tools
- An aptitude in utilising social media in marketing and communications
For an initial period of 3 months, at 2 days a week, at £100 a day, on a freelance basis, with the possibility of the post being extended, subject to funding.
The opportunity would suit a recently qualified graduate looking to start a career in community development, facilities management or public services
Please submit (together with a CV) a maximum of 2 pages of A4, by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org setting out how you meet the requirements, and saying why you think this opportunity would be good for you, and why you would be good for us!
The deadline for expressions of interest is 5th June
Contact for more information
Tony Mullin, Director, email@example.com