A team of staff from Your Back Yard will be leading a project across the Heights and Bawns area in collaboration with Barca-Leeds.
The aims of this project are to improve people’s physical health and well-being and to bring together people of all ages and sectors of the community.
The key outcomes we are hoping to achieve are:
- Improving people’s physical health.
- Improving well-being.
- Reducing isolation and loneliness.
- Reducing digital exclusion.
- Bringing people together and improving community cohesion.
To achieve the above aims and outcomes, a variety of activities will be delivered. Although not finalised, potential activities may include:
- Indoor activity sessions for over 50’s such as walking football or chair based yoga.
- A summer holiday programme of activities for those aged 5-12 held in Farnley Park, the MUGA and the grass football pitch.
- Orienteering sessions with local schools.
- Setting up social networks based on shared interests.
- Setting up digital inclusion clubs to be ran in partnership with Armley Helping Hands.
- Putting on healthy skills courses such as healthy cookery classes.
- A family fun day with a range of activities.
Stay tuned for more information and updates on activities.